[TriLUG] 4 more unix admin positions

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Tue May 10 22:10:05 EDT 2005

        ***THESE are different from the jobs in the previous post***

hey y'all --

I'm reposting this for a friend who works in the Park.  Please ONLY
CONTACT HER in regards to these positions.  (That translates to ==
Don't contact me and please don't reply to the trilug list).
dave m.

                   CSC
   Company Location:
                   RTP, NC
   Company Contact:
                   Michelle Sims
   Contact E-mail:
                   sims.michelle at epa.gov

   Job Title:
                   UNIX System Administrator
   Job Description:
                   Senior level UNIX Administrator(4 positions).
   Job Requirements:
                   We have 4 openings for UNIX systems
administrators, to
                   work in a large, mixed environment data center.
                   Successful candidates will have experience in at
least 2
                   of the following UNIX varieties: Solaris (v7-v9),
Tru64,
                   AIX, LINUX (RedHat Enterprise a plus). Experience
                   installing, configuring, and securing systems, and
                   providing day to day support. Solid understanding of
                   industry best practices with regards to Unix system
                   administration, securing servers, and network
                   administration knowledge. Strong troubleshooting,
                   performance analysis, documentation, shell and perl
                   scripting, and customer service skills desired.
Duties
                   include but are not limited to: Support and manage
large
                   UNIX servers in an enterprise data center
environment.
                   Support pager rotation and weekend maintenance when
                   required (one week out of 6). A less experienced
                   administrator will be considered if possessing strong
                   perl/shell scripting skills. Experience with any
of the
                   following is a plus: Apache, Tomcat, Business
Objects,
                   Documentum, JRUN, Informatica, S-Plus, iPlanet, Lyris
                   ListManager, Weblogic, XML/Web services, Veritas
Please
                   email resume to sims.michelle at epa.gov.