[TriLUG] Sys-Con - LinuxWorld Owner figures ad homminem attacksare ok

Mark R. Hinkle mrhinkle at mindspring.com
Tue May 10 13:39:12 EDT 2005

Just to give you a little background on LinuxWorld Magazine it's supported
by contributors who do not work for the publisher, of which I am one as well
as a TriLUG member(mainly a lurker and occasional meeting attendee as I live
here in the Triangle) The publisher and the editorial staff has been
fighting over carrying anything over Maureen O'Gara for the last six months.
They have gradually started to remove her stuff, she no longer was allowed
to publish to www.linuxworld.com and they are especially with this last
round no longer going to be published anywhere on any of the Sys-Con media
sites(this will take about a week to propagate). Unfortunately it took a
very ugly incident like this to have them finally cut her off. We also
contact the people that have been wronged by her stories like PJ at Groklaw
and Larry Rosen and give them the opportunity to publish to counter any
inconsistencies in her reporting.

Regards,

Mark R. Hinkle
Editor in Chief