[TriLUG] Thunderbird extensions

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu May 12 08:37:48 EDT 2005

Folks,

I recently came across a new extension for Thunderbird that I just had
to share:
https://do-not-add.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=thunderbird&category=Message%20Reading&numpg=10&id=576

What it does is parses the headers for RFC 2369 compliant mailing lists
(pretty much any Mailman list...) and creates an excellent way to
interact with the list.  For instance, the 'Post' button.  So, to create
this message, I didn't even have to access my address book, I just
clicked on the 'Post' button while reading a previous message.  Works a
treat!

While I'm at it, here's the other extensions I'm currently using:
Enigmail
Display Mail User Agent Extension
Mail Redirect
QuoteCollapse <-- Must have
View Headers Toggle Button

If you're just using plain old T'bird, there's a lot of extensions
available to make your life better.

Note that the do-not-add hostname is correct.  It's in response to a
vulnerability in Firefox that they haven't patched yet.

Mike