[TriLUG] Re: Playing DVDs on my laptop

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu May 12 14:58:06 EDT 2005

Andrew Perrin wrote:
> I've finally gotten around to trying to get DVD's to play, but am getting
> this when starting any client that uses libdvdread:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
>   Serial number of failed request: 57
>   Current serial number in output stream: 57

Try shutting down everything else you are running that might be chewing up
X Window system resources.  I hit this on my laptop sometimes as well.
Usually killing any browser windows I have open will do the trick.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/