[TriLUG] Speaking of Thunderbird in Debian..

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:22:45 EDT 2005

I have not experienced this issue at all.  I have Thunderbird on FC1
running in a VNC session.  I keep it up almost 100% always.  The VNC
session has been running for 72 days (the uptime on the machine) and
until 2 days ago when I shutdown Thunderbird so I could run sa-learn
--spam and --ham on my mail folders and move some data around, I have
not had any issues.  I connect to 2 IMAP accounts with my TB profile.
I never have to click the Get Mail button b/c I set it to check every
10 minutes.  I figure this is often enough, and even so with the IMAP,
it seems to show up faster than that anyway.

The only problem that I have had is when putting unread messages in
the Trash, then emptying Trash.  It doesn't show empty.  I click on
it, the folder is empty, however it's label is bold and shows X number
of messages in it.  I leave the folder to another folder, go directly
back to Trash and all is well again.  It's as if it's not reading the
Trash file properly on occasion... but it's my Trash, so who cares.
:)

laters,
David McD