[TriLUG] /etc/enviornment and proxy servers

Owen Berry trilugbucket at berrybunch.net
Fri May 20 11:36:39 EDT 2005

I'm not a Debian user, but according to
http://panuganty.tripod.com/debiantips/packaging.htm:

 How do I set up apt-get to use a proxy to connect?

 Enter these lines in your .profile or .bash_profile,
 export http_proxy=http://proxy_host:port/
 export ftp_proxy=$http_proxy

 (The trailing slash is very important!)

Also, unless you just mispelled it in your email, "enviornment" should
be "environment".

-- Owen