[TriLUG] Re: PHP GD in FC3

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon May 23 11:02:12 EDT 2005

Brian Henning wrote:
>   I just loaded our big bad new server with Fedora Core 3.  Everything
> seems to be great, except that PHP doesn't appear to come with the GD
> graphics library enabled by default.  I'm not sure what the best course
> of action would be for this -- Should I download source and rebuild?  If
> I do that, I'm afraid I won't get all the options I'm supposed to have.
>  Should I look for a different RPM and install from that?

Is it that GD isn't in PHP or is it that GD didn't get loaded and PHP isn't
activating that module because the underlying libraries are missing?

I've missed loading the required library RPMs for a PHP or PERL module and
then not had the module when I needed it later because of the RPM deficiency.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/