[TriLUG] reputable IT recruiters in the area

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Wed May 25 11:34:54 EDT 2005

Dan Simoes wrote:
> I've been lurking on the list for a while.  I'm considering relocating
> to the area and would appreciate any leads for reputable recruiters in
> the area.

You're welcome to join us in the area, but the IT job market is extremely
repressed in this area: about 25,000 of lost our jobs about 4 years ago,
and many of us (over half) are still looking for regular work.

The Triangle area is (or was) home to a great many high-tech and IT-sector
businesses, due to Gov. Martin creating incentives to locate here in the
late 1980's and early 1990's to create the second largest concentration of
high-tech companies and operations in the country -- well supported by the
research capabilities and graduates of several major universities in the
area.

That workforce has now dwindled to about a half of that; but the area is
such a great area to live in, that most of us refused to leave.  Thus we
have a huge surplus of IT workers who want regular jobs.

Now what did you say your specialty is? .... :)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA