[TriLUG] RE: reputable IT recruiters in the area

Craig Cook craig at cookitservices.com
Thu May 26 09:50:29 EDT 2005

I will not dispute the fact that some folks have been out of work for a while either.

I watched the jobs posted to dice.com for a year before I came here, and noticed an improvement early 2004.  I moved here mid 2004 and took 6 weeks to find contract work.  I did find that most recruiters did not want to deal with me until I was actually living here.

I believe if you have strong skills (with experience) that are in demand (check dice.com, monster, etc) you will find work.  Initially, it may not be at your desired salary though, and it may be contract work.

Having said that, it is always a serious risk relocating without a job.

The linux meetings here have a "have a job, want a job" job feature at the start of each meeting that is a great idea.  Anyone aware of open jobs advertises them, anyone looking for job states their skills and what they are looking for.

Good luck with your search.

Craig