[TriLUG] [Slightly OT] Wi-Fi Consultant?

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:17:06 EDT 2005

Total agreement here.  Wireless sucks--if you buy gear that sucks.

At Cisco, I don't have a wired connection (except for my phone,
ironically) and I've yet to have a problem.  Dock, undock, wander to
another building, come back and dock, go to a meeting with laptop in
hand, come back and dock -- wireless connectivity throughout.

Also, Cisco doesn't use Linksys gear, which was designed for, marketed
to, and priced for the consumer market.  My Linksys at home seems to
keep my Tivo (using a Linksys USB NIC) happily connected (as well as
my work and personal laptops).  My experiences with Netgear, however,
have been suboptimal at best.

Note that I'm using a Cisco-issued Windows XP on my work laptop and
not Linux.  Just stating the facts--not preferences.

Must get back to mentally designing a solar-powered video-enabled
SIP-compatible Bluetooth helmet for Greg,

Shane O.

Shane O.
========
Shane O'Donnell