[TriLUG] Linksys questions...

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Thu May 26 18:21:57 EDT 2005

Jason Faulkner wrote:

>2) Does the 'firmware hacking' on it really require extensive work, or
>is it pretty basic by now.

I am actually in the process of compiling the OpenWRT firmware for it
right now.  So far no compile problems, though it is taking a long time
(I think because it may have had to download a special compiler and
stuff...)  I also tried Alchemy which worked pretty well.  But I just
had to try OpenWRT since it's the craze...  It does seem like a whole
lot more work though since it doesn't have the pretty web interface that
the default firmware and Alchemy give you...

Randy