[TriLUG] Linksys questions...

Randy Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri May 27 09:55:06 EDT 2005

Greg Brown wrote:

>The post reboot result?  I can no longer telnet into the router
>(session starts, then fails), even though I did not stop the telnet
>server, and I get 'refused' errors when I try to ssh into the router.
>I tried to scramble it's brain by resetting it to defaults but still I
>get the same errors.

You can still try tftping it again.  A quick note to you: when you
install it freshly, you have to telnet just to change the passwd.  After
you do so, type "reboot".  After it reboots, you will no longer be able
to telnet, but it comes with an ssh daemon that will become
automatically enabled upon reboot.  So, don't install dropbear just yet!

Randy