[TriLUG] openWRT and wep

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Fri May 27 22:36:49 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 06:59:16PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> Getting WEP to work should be as simple as running four commands:
> nvram set wl0_wep=on
> nvram set wl0_key1=mywepkey
> nvram commit
> reboot (optional)
>
> Still, though, my openWRT refuses to do it's encryption duty.  Any ideas?
>
> I even tried to set security_mode=wep, but that didn't help either.
> I'm missing something basic here, but I think I'm just too darned
> tired to see the glaring obvious error in front of me.
>
> Greg
>

>From my notes;
nvram set security_mode=wep
nvram set wl_key1=DEADBEEF12345DEADBEEF12345
nvram set wl_wep_bit=128
nvram set wl0_wep_bit=128
nvram set wl_wep=enabled
nvram set wl0_wep=on (only needed for older GS?)

HTH,
Brian

--
I think my life is fuller because I realize
that I don't know what I'm doing.

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net