[TriLUG] OT - was: Financial Tracking Software

Thomas Mayfield tgmayfield at gmail.com
Tue May 31 15:21:38 EDT 2005

On 5/31/05, Christopher L Merrill <chris at webperformanceinc.com> wrote:
> Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> > The position, contents and format of the .sig
> > are dictated by govt policy. Carrying the most
> > important information in the e-mail, the .sig
> > comes first.
>
> Ahhh...our tax dollars at work!
>
> Only a government bureaucrat could think that the most
> valuable part of an e-mail is the sig.   :(
>
> I've heard of a lot of dumb sh!t in govt circles, but
> this has got to be the dumbest.

Keep in mind that most government email conversations (that I've seen)
are done through top-posting, and reading through a long conversation
can get very confusing in determining who said what.  I agree with
having signatures at the bottom, and greatly prefer bottom-posting,
but I know that when I worked in a government office, having a simple
signature at the top that told the reader exactly who was saying what
would have made life a lot simpler.

--Thomas