[TriLUG] bricked wrt54g.. or WTF54g?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:05:58 EDT 2005

This goes from odd to surreal.  I know I'm missing something basic
here, but how I can do the following:

1. install openwrt, screw it up
2. unbrick it, put it back in tftp mode and reinstall linksys code
3. put a static ip on the wan port, put the device into boot_wait
4. reinstall openwrt, problem presists
5. unbrick, reinstall linksys code
6. boot back to linksys and my static port is still configured to the
IP Address I set it to in step #3?  This AFTER installing openWRT?

Where is the configuration file for these images being stored?  I
imagine the image goes to flash (duh) but how can a specific
configuration survie a tftp upload and boot of a totally differnt file
system?  I'm confused.

Greg