[TriLUG] Email signatures

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Jun 1 18:26:50 EDT 2005

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi at epa.gov,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph at epa.gov

trilug-bounces at trilug.org wrote on 06/01/2005 04:25:18 PM:

> There is no government EPA requirement to have the
> signatures put first.

If you want to contact me offlist, I can
give you the person to straighten out. I
had plenty of comments about the functionality
of the new setup and was told to can it. Maybe
he'll listen to you.

> Joe, if you want to make it easier to just type, put a couple of
> carriage returns at the top of your signature.  Then, when
> you do a new message your cursor will be in the blank space.

it sounded like a good idea, but I found that the
message I'm replying to then is below the sig and
I can't interleave my reply in the posting.

I've been the main respondant on the Linux Virtual
Server mailing list for about 7yrs. We have people
posting to it from whatever machine their employer
dictates. We sort out their questions whether they
topsig/bottomsig, toppost/bottompost, whether they
run windows/Mac/unix mail clients and whether they're
native speakers of English or not, without any bother.
I'm sorry that my e-mail client is causing so much pain
here. All I can say is that no-one has to read my
e-mails: If you don't like the topsig, then just
delete the e-mail.

> In a completely separate topic ... whenever I see a
> posting from Joe have to do a doubletake, because
> his name and address
> joseph mack @ epa.gov   vs. mine
> joseph mark supple @ epa.gov

:-)