[TriLUG] Jabber server outage

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 6 17:40:47 EDT 2005

The trilug jabber server is now back up and running.  It's on a new IP,
so you'll either have to wait for DNS to propagate, or specify
talon.trilug.org in the meantime.  Unfortunately, all the spool data was
lost, so you'll have to re-create your account and re-populate your
roster.  Currently the transports are not set up.  You can browse them,
but they aren't actually running yet.  Hopefully that will be back up
soon.  You are welcome to use transports on another jabber server until
then of course.

The jabber server is now running version 1.4.4 which has a number of
improvements.  Most notably it supports TLS on port 5222 now.  If your
client supports this, I highly recommend you use it.

Joel Ebel