[TriLUG] Matt Frye - Candidate Bio

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:06:05 EDT 2005

My name is Matt Frye and I would like the opportunity to be of service
to TriLUG as a member of the Steering Committee.  I am currently
Chairman of the Steering Committee for North Carolina System
Administrators, a Red Hat Community Ambassador, a new member of the
editorial staff for LinuxWorld Magazine, and an writer for other Linux
and Unix related magazines.

As such, I feel I am uniquely qualified to provide contacts, support,
and organizational skills to TriLUG.  For example, I succeeded in
getting Red Hat to provide a $500 "Gold Sponsorship" of NC*SA in 2004,
and have recently confirmed another $500 for 2005.

I organize monthly talks at NC*SA which often touch on Linux and Open
Source and am a contributing member to TriLUG.  In March 2005, I gave
a presentation based on my Linux Magazine article (March 2005) "The
Coroner's Toolkit."

Since I believe that a fundamental value of associations like NC*SA
(and user groups alike) is community service, I organized the first
ever NC*SA Holiday Food Drive in December 2004 which collected 41 lbs
of canned and dry goods for Raleigh Rescue Mission.

I hope that you will consider granting me your vote for the Steering
Committee.  I will work for you.

Sincerely,
Matt Frye