[TriLUG] Quotas for virtual users

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:21:58 EDT 2005

I'm setting up a new system to replace our antiquated hosting hardware
and wanted to set things up a little differently.  First and foremost
I want to setup quotas, but since there's no real users on this
machine, the way I'm used to doing it doesn't work (or I can't figure
out how to make it work).  Does anyone know where a good howto is for
doing this or can it even be done?

I had thought about just creating a group for every domain and just
enforcing group quotas, but figured this was a good place to see if
there is a better way.

I've also been looking into cpanel like apps that handle all this for
me, but I can't convince the higher powers that the cost of cpanel is
worth it.  Sooo, can anyone recommend a cpanel alternative that is as
close to free as possible and works on Linux?

Thanks as always!

Steve