[TriLUG] a note of recognition

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:24:29 EDT 2005

I 2nd that big time, well said Jason.  I was one he helped last night
as well... we had one of those *really* long irc sessions,
troubleshooting a via chipset agp power issue trying to get the nvidia
driver working in Ubuntu for my 32mb TNT2 card.  My entire linux
knowledge is RH based distros... but I'm a deb based distro retard,
though I am working to fix that slowly.  He helped every step of the
way, reading some forums and throwing out ideas, including helping
with the deb-isms I was unfamiliar with.  After lots of bombs and a
couple of typos by me, and now it works!  Thanks Daniel!  (I also
learned I might want to upgrade the motherboard in this machine if I
decide I want to use a more powerful video card.)  But, I have an IBM
T42 on the way... Ubuntu will be the first distro I put on it,
removing that XP that you have to buy... wish me Deb luck!

Thanks again Daniel, you definitely deserve the recognition.  :)
David McD