[TriLUG] Good PC Parts shop in Raleigh area?

Jason Faulkner jasonlf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:20:31 EDT 2005

On 6/8/05, Mike Shaw <mdshaw89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:25:58 -0400
> > From: Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net>
> > Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Good PC Parts shop in Raleigh area?
> > To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
> >
> > Randall Barlow wrote:

> > > Try Tiger Direct on capital blvd.  http://www.tigerdirect.com
> > >
> > > Randy
> >
> > he said a -good- PC parts shop.  tiger direct files frivolous lawsuits
> > against apple, intrex sponsors their local LUG.  you decide which one
> > deserves your business.
> >
> > jason
>
> I'll have to relay another Tiget Direct horror story.  I bought a Soyo
> combo case(mb and case) from Tiger Direct because I needed fast and
> cheap - well I have paid for it.  Ended up getting bad memory, which
> later according to mb manufacturer's website was NOT compatible.  I
> had to take the unit back twice for them to determine this and got
> charged for diags because even though I bought all parts there THEY
> did not put them in the case.  Plus the cheap part of the whole reason
> for buying there did not quite workout that well either because of the
> rebate hassle.  Needless to say after numerous emails and phonecalls I
> finally received my last rebate - 8 months later!
>
> All I have to say is that I should have went to Intrex like I had in
> the past and will go there in the future.
>
> l8r,
>
> Mike

TD may be a slimy, horrid company, but if you keep reciepts, and buy
name brand equipment... you can end up having a decent experience. I
usually buy my ram there, and have never had a problem with it, but
even if I did -- I have my receipt, and have never had any trouble
RMAing their stuff.

Most of my systems are built using NewEgg parts, with TD store filling
in between-system gaps.

Maybe I'm the exception, not the rule, though.

--
Jason Faulkner
OldOs.org Owner/Admin / http://oldos.org / jason at oldos.org
Certified INGOTS Gold Assessor Trainer / http://www.theingots.org