[TriLUG] Good PC Parts shop in Raleigh area?

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Thu Jun 9 07:26:21 EDT 2005

Scott G. Hall wrote:

> Tom Eisenmenger wrote:
>
>> Newbie gaffe on my part - I didn't realize Intrex was a LUG sponsor and
>> that IS worth a few extra dollars AFAIC.  Thanks for the suggestion of
>> TigerDirect, but I have been underwhelmed by them for the most part
>> mainly due to the "garage sale" atmosphere.  Any others?
>

> And don't forget to present your TriLUG card at Intrex for a 10% discount
> on your purchase!!  With that, most prices become *cheaper* than Tiger
> Direct.

Just to keep things on the straight and level, the TriLUG discount is
not a flat percentage.  It's what Intrex refers to as "discount"
pricing, which is another pricing level as opposed to "retail" pricing.
It's the same type of pricing they do for companies who are buying in
large volume.  Some times the discounts are great where the markups are
usually high (think things like cabling), and the discount is of course
less where the markups are very slim (think things like memory).  For
specific details on the discount pricing of all Intrex parts, please
check out the member benefits page at
http://members.trilug.org/benefit_info/

Note there are also discounts for Intrex DSL (provided on BellSouth
lines, with significantly more flexibility, core services, and better
customer service - even Linux friendly techs), details are also
available in the members benefits section.

Aaron S. Joyner