[TriLUG] iPods Tonight

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Thu Jun 9 14:59:34 EDT 2005

I'm just posting a reminder - I'd really appreciate willing and
applicable persons to bring their iPods, no matter what generation or
model, to the meeting tonight to provide test data for iPod support in
GNOME!

(in gnome-volume-manager ... in 2.12, maybe sooner, there will be an
iPod entry (run gnome-volume-properties), just like there are
CD/DVD/Removable Disk entries - no more manually mounting or setting up
your iPod in /etc/fstab!)

I have the shell script ready to quickly rip device images, and should
be able to support both USB and Firewire devices (thanks to David
McDowell!).

For more details, refer to my initial post earlier this week.

Oh, I should be wearing a large iPod for a hat, I seriously hope no one
has a problem locating me!

Best to all!

--Aaron