[TriLUG] Jabber - IRC question

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Sat Jun 11 17:03:34 EDT 2005

imcom is a great command line jabber client.  I don't have it on dargo
but, but it is on talon.  I'll also get it installed on dargo soon.
It's a very simple python program, so it should be pretty easy to
install.  It supports a command line interface to most of jabber's
features including multi-user chat.  However, the multi-user chat isn't
enabled yet on the trilug jabber server.  Once again, I hope to have it
all working this evening.  Once I do, I'll create some persistent rooms
similar to IRC where we can all hang out in.  You'll have to have your
jabber account before using imcom though.  It doesn't seem to support
registration.  Kevin created a simple web interface to do this.

Joel