[TriLUG] Ot: File Transfer

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:42:41 EDT 2005

I just had a client ask me a few questions about file transfer and I
wanted to ask everyone for ideas on the best way to handle the
situation:

They are a 100% Mac shop and they want to transfer me a 16Gb text
file.  If I have a dedicated T1 and so do they, how long might the
transfer take assuming that I download the file from their ftp server?

If I were to use my 30gb notebook usb drive, (that I currently use
with my XP machines) could they just plug it into their systems and
copy the file over?  I think that the drive is formatted with ntfs.
(This may be a silly question but I know nothing about Mac's, their
filesystems, etc...)

Thanks,
Mark.