[TriLUG] ssh problem and X11Forwarding

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Thu Jun 16 16:48:07 EDT 2005

I have three fedora 3 systems at my house and one has a strange ssh
problem that the other two do not not have.

When I ssh from and to systems 1 and 2, the localhost get set correctly
and I can forward X just fine.

ON system 3, the localhost never gets set, either when ssh ing to the
system or ssh ing out of the system.  I do have X11forwarding set in the
sshd_config file.

But this would not explain why ssh ing from 3 to one does not correctly
set up the DISPLAY enviroment variable, yet sshing from 2 to one does.

Again, I do have X11 forwarding turned on on all sysems.

Thanks
Chip