[TriLUG] trilug installfest - sat, july 9

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Jun 17 15:24:29 EDT 2005

what: trilug installfest and help session
when: saturday, july 9, 9:00 to 15:00
where: wake tech student services building
who: anyone who needs a helping hand with linux

we can always use volunteers to assist with things like setup, hardware
(lcd monitors, extension cords and long patch cables, burn CDs) and to
be technical support staff for those who show up needing help.  if you'd
like to volunteer please let us know at steering at trilug.org.  we'll
probably put up a signup/registration page as well.

our biggest need is lcd monitors - if anyone can get their hands on some
extra monitors to bring to the event that would be most appreciated.
due to power concerns we're trying to limit the number of crts that are
used at the event.  most other stuff we already have - keyboards, mice,
power cords, network hardware, etc.

as we mentioned earlier, we're going to try a slightly modified format
for this event.  in addition to the traditional installfest part which
will be focused on getting linux installed on hardware, we'll also have
a general help session for those who have linux installed but would like
assistance with a particular problem.

hope to see you there!

jason