[TriLUG] trilug installfest - sat, july 9

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 01:28:52 EDT 2005

On 6/20/05, Jason Faulkner <jasonlf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But, selling people Knoppix discs at a hamfest is a good way to
> > let people experiment with linux.
>
> Why sell? Can't we get like 100cds donated from some tech store in
> exchange for the good PR?

Because that's what people understand.  If you try to give something
away, they tend to look upon it suspiciously.

Besides, TriLUG has never actually "sold" cd's in the general sense.
What we've always done at hamfests is label them with "suggested
donations".  If someone really wants a copy of something, but doesn't
have the money for it, we've always been more than willing to
just give it to them, especially since our reason for being isn't
to sell CDs, but rather to evangelize linux.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace