[TriLUG] Apache mod-rewrite question

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Wed Jun 22 11:28:04 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 23:55, Rick DeNatale wrote:
>       RewriteRule ^$ /wiki/Main_Page [R]

You probably just need to change this to:
RewriteRule ^/$ /wiki/Main_Page [R]

Since browsers will send GET / to the webserver when typing in a server
name like http://www.foo.bar

I've used one like this before.  Although be careful with the
[R]edirect.  I've had trouble with M$ Exploder not handling that
properly.  Might just want [L]ast rule.

Hope this helps some, not my expertise, but nobody else has jumped in.
Tim
--
Timothy A. Chagnon
Linux, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: while(1){count++;}