[TriLUG] Ot: getting replacement batteries for old laptops

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 22 11:51:24 EDT 2005

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

<snip>

>Were they built 10yrs ago and have been sitting on the shelf waiting for me to buy them?

</snip>

   The batteries themselves will have a 'date code' stamped on them, it
will read something like 9836 (for 1998, 36th week, or 0312 for 2003,
12th week) . You will probably have to cut open the plastic shell to
find it.
   Other than building your own - which can be done if the pack is made
up of standard AAA, C, or D cells - there is no way to know what you are
getting.
   A short waranty time may be an indication of how good they are.

john mitchell