[TriLUG] Ot: getting replacement batteries for old laptops

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 00:57:26 EDT 2005

Batteries Plus used to rebuild packs. I recall that they had some
specialized equipment for splitting apart plastic items. I had 'em
rebuild a Black & Decker rechargeable flashlight and it worked fine.
Sometimes they'll replace the NiCD's with NiMH and you'll get much
better operating life.

FOr cheap things, the rebuild wasn't too cost effective, but for laptop
batteries, might be.

and if you don't want to go the rebuild route, I've seen aftermarket
replacement laptop batteries for several models on sale at CompUSA.

JKB