[TriLUG] Postfix config questions

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:50:43 EDT 2005

Lisa, so far so good -- what exactly is in those two sendmail config
files? You might be able to just keep using them, pointing postfix to
them the same as you do for alias entries. For example, I keep virtual
user info in a mysql database, and the line from main.cf looks like
this:

virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf

You could make it something like:

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/path/to/file

However, I'm not sure about the syntax of those files or exactly
what's in them, so you might need a different directive on the postfix
side...

Sam

On 6/27/05, Lisa C Boyd <lcboyd at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Ok. So I started looking at Postfix and configuring it. I still have
> Sendmail running (which I will stop when I'm confident in my Postfix
> config).
>
> Do these look right?
>
> queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
> command_directory = /usr/sbin
> daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
> mail_owner = postfix
> myhostname = tigertech.netmar.com
> mydomain = netmar.com
> myorigin = $myhostname
> inet_interfaces = all
> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
> home_mailbox = Maildir/
> mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
>
> Now, for Sendmail I have information in /etc/mail/local-host-names and
> /etc/mail/virtusertable. Where does that information go for Postfix?
>
> Thanks for the help :)
> Lisa B.

Sam Folk-Williams
Linux+