[TriLUG] Book recommendations

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Tue Jun 28 08:04:16 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for some book recommendations for newbies, preferably not
geared towards a particular distro.  I'd like the book to have a good
introduction to Linux file structure and directories and a good overview
of KDE and/or GNOME (I still haven't decided which I prefer).  Coverage
of alternative desktops (IceWM, etc.) would be a bonus as would a series
of popular "how to's" ("Linux Garage" seems to do this well, I think,
but I base that claim on a 5-minute perusal in a bookstore).

Thanks!

Tom