[TriLUG] secondary MX

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Jun 28 14:59:02 EDT 2005

A while back, there was some discussion about offering a
secondary MX service to TriLUG members.

I'm just curious what happened to that idea.  I am hoping
it was not just "pre-election hype".  <grin>

What does a secondary MX do?  Would this give my personal
email system (which uses a dyndns.org address) a higher
level of availability?

Is it fairly easy to implement?  What's involved on the
TriLUG mail server end?  What about on the member's end?
Does he just create a second MX record for his domain?

I think this would be a great use of TriLUG resources, and
it's a good platform to learn from.  Comments?  Especially
from the steering committee?

Alan

.