[TriLUG] Setting My Processor's Frequency in Ubuntu

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:23:05 EDT 2005

I like that Ubuntu will scale the frequency of my processor based on my
usage, but is there a way to set it to go a certain speed when on
battery and full speed when not instead of letting the system manage it
on its current algorithm?  I'm not getting the battery life that I once
got in WinBlows because it keeps trying to do everything fast when on
battery.  Google hasn't helped me so far, anybody know how to tune this?

Thanks,
Randy Barlow