[TriLUG] Email rejections

Jeffrey A. Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Tue Jul 5 15:44:33 EDT 2005

Oh!  I didn't realize that they had started to provide that service (broken or
otherwise).

I'll have to play with it.  I'm not sure if fetchmail will solve your problem
or not, but it may be worth a try.  Fetchmail usually comes on the
distribution CD for many Linux flavors.

Quickly, create a .fetchmailrc file in your home directory (see example
below), and then start fetchmail from the command line.  This will start a
background process that will continuously check a mail server for new email.
Fetchmail supports many flavors of mail server including POP3 and IMAP.

Here's an example of the .fetchmailrc that I currently use:

set postmaster "root"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
set daemon 5000
set syslog
poll pop-server.nc.rr.com with proto POP3
   user 'juser' there with password 'password' is joeuser here options no keep

Jeff G.