[TriLUG] Laptops: Compaq and Sempron

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:42:19 EDT 2005

I just got an IBM T42 (not the p unfortunately so I have XGA instead
of SXGA) on the EPP and it runs well.  I'm running CentOS 4.1 but have
NO ACPI sleep/standy options available to me right now.  New thread??
If anyone has any tips for me, that'd be great.  :)

David McD

PS: I suspect most Dell Latitudes (as well as the IBM Thinkpads) will
run very well presuming you don't get the Intel video (YUCK) or the
Dell wifi... get the ATI or Nvidia video card options and get the
Intel Pro 2200 b/g wifi.  I had to fight myself between a Dell
Latitude and the IBM T42.  I sometimes wish I paid the extra for the
larger screen res (1400x1050 on the SXGA), but don't really care
*that* much as this one is just to tide me over until an Apple
PowerBook is more reasonably priced 2-3 years from now.  :)