[TriLUG] ACPI power managment

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Jul 6 08:27:26 EDT 2005

http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/
http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/readme.html

Basic procedure is dead easy...see second url, item #2 for details, but
basically the process is this:
1. install lphdisk on your laptop
2. calculate the amount of system RAM + video RAM + 2 Mb
3. create a partition of the size calculated in step 2 of type a0 (IBM
ThinkPad hibernation type....yes, it says IBM, no it isn't brand specific)
4. prepare partition using lphdisk

should work like a charm from there.  I've done this on my Sony Vaio
PCG-505GX, without a hitch.

--
William Sutton