[TriLUG] looking for gateway laptop parts

Tobias Crawley tcrawley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:24:41 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I was recently given a Gateway Solo 9300 Pro (P3 450MHz) laptop. I put
Ubuntu + Kunbutu Desktop on it, and it runs well. However, it is six
years old, and not without its flaws. I know there are a *few* luggers
out there with older machines/parts collecting dust, and if any of you
have any of the following parts you are willing to give away, I would
greatly appreciate it:

- RAM - it only has 96Mb, and has room for one more stick: 144-pin
SODIMM SDRAM, PC100 (according to crucial)
- keyboard - the spacebar and '4' on the existing keyboard don't work
most of the time
- battery - the battery will not charge at all. This could also be a
fault in the charge controller?

I know the keyboard and battery are longshots, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.
Tobias

--
Tobias O. Crawley / tcrawley at gmail.com / http://tobiascrawley.net/
"Arrogance is quoting yourself." - Tobias O. Crawley