[TriLUG] Postfix problem

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Jul 7 22:43:30 EDT 2005

My postfix installation has been running fine ever since I move to
the current hardware a few weeks ago.  It even survived an FC2 to FC4
upgrade.  So tonight, prior to installing the SMP kernel, I did
another update (via yum).  Now my mailserver seems to be broken.

All mail I send to the server now receives this message:

> <chris at christophermerrill.net>
>     (reason: 554 <chris at christophermerrill.net>: Relay access denied)

> ... while talking to christophermerrill.net.:

> <<< 554 <chris at christophermerrill.net>: Relay access denied
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
> <<< 554 Error: no valid recipients

The maillog contains mostly the same thing.

Any ideas?  I'm not sure where to start looking.  The main.cf still has
my original entries for using the RR servers as the outgoing transport
and it still references my alias maps, so I don't think the main.cf
got replaced by the update process.

TIA,

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software