[TriLUG] Fujitsu Lifebook 634Tx and other parts

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:11:13 EDT 2005

Hi folks.  Now that I have an IBM T42, I no longer need this Fujitsu
Lifebook 634Tx.  I'd like to get something for it.  It runs *very*
solid.  I'll have it at the meeting Thursday so you all can fight for
it.  Currently it is running WinXP and has run Win98, RHL 7.3 w/ no
GUI (drivers wouldn't work then), RHL9 with gnome and FC3 with XFCE in
past lives.  I plan to zero the harddrive of course.  It's a little
old, but here's the specs:

p133 MMX
80MB RAM
5GB harddrive
800x600 thousands of colors
nice long power cord
dock has:
     CDROM (bootable)
     1.44 floppy
     2 PS2 ports (keyboard and mouse)
     1 gameport
     1 parallel port
     1 rs-232
     1 VGA out
     stereo speakers
laptop has:
     1 PS2 port (keyboard or mouse)
     1 rs-232
     1 parallel port
     1 VGA out
     2 batteries (uptime is ok, not too great)
     1 modem (33.6 I think)
     IR port
     built in speaker
     2 PCMCIA slots

I have to admit, it's a pretty amazing little laptop for what it's
got.  It can run 128bit MP3 files and MPEG 1 video clips that I have.
Best of my knowledge, everything is functional, though I've never
tested the modem or IR.  It's in darn good physical condition.  Both
PC cards I'm about to list work perfectly fine with it:

3Com 10/100 Xjack connector - 3CXFE575BT - $10
Linksys WPC54G ver 1.2 - $20

Audio notes (used in FC3, probably good for any distro):
http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Fujitsu_634Tx_Audio.txt

For an extra special donation, leather (genuine cow) bookbag with
laptop slot in it.  It has 1 physical problem, a tiny bit of the
interior lining seems to be fraying.  The bookbag straps can be tucked
away and you can carry the bag by handle for those who don't want it
on your back.

If you made it this far, I'm fairly amazed.  I also have a Cobra 19 DX
II CB (Citizens Band) that I want to get rid of ... the HAMers are
laughing now:
     40 channel 2-way mobile radio
     Instant emergency channel 9
     adjustable volume and squelch

If Sean doesn't show up at the Thursday meeting, I'll also have a Palm
m105 to get rid of.

thanks,
David McD