[TriLUG] Mailman and Scripting

Scott Lundgren scott at capitalfellow.com
Thu Jul 14 10:42:04 EDT 2005

I'll google a bit for mailman's commandline tools and look at using
exec. Thanks for the tip.

As for safe_mode and safe_mode_gid I don't think they're mutually
exclusive, but additive. Here's why, I set

safe_mode = Off
safe_mode_gid = On
safe_mode_include_dir = /usr/local/php/lib/php

then my script worked, calling the PEAR component without entries in
the php_error.log. Then I wrote a script that included a php fragment
from a user in the same group as I. That worked. Then I edited that
script so that it included /etc/passwd, and that worked. Now, I know
chmoding /etc/group to 600 would stop that but just a test, that
grouping of settings doesn't then only relax permissions only for the
safe_mode_include_dir and files where the group owner of the file being
operated on matches the group owner of the script executing. sigh.

- SL