[TriLUG] ulimit violations

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Fri Jul 15 15:30:40 EDT 2005

Thanks all for the comments everyone.  We're going to bump up this heap
limit for now and test things out.  The larger problem is that our app
steadily increases in used memory and number of threads.  Depending on
the number of users on it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to several days
to crash currently.

So aside from the developers doing memory profiling and checking their
code for unreleased objects, I'm going to look into why Tomcat/Jetspeed
may not be releasing threads after a certain amount of time passes
without use.  May not even be a problem...  I'll let the list know what
our final determination of the problem is.

Thanks,
Tim