[TriLUG] immediate opening

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Mon Jul 18 10:18:07 EDT 2005

We have an opening for a technical project management type.
At a minimum, this person needs the following skills:

Must be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
Must be able to coordinate work for 2-3 temps at various skill levels
Must be familiar with Cisco IOS password recovery and IOS installation
Must have general familiarity with Cisco hardware / modules / memory
(Cisco configuration is not required for this position)
Must be comfortable with the use of tftp client and server
Must be comfortable with telnet, ssh, and virtual terminal use
Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity and cabling is a must
Ability to troubleshoot basic userland Linux problems is a must
Must be able to lift 20lbs, pull cable, and operate a hand drill

In short, we need someone who can direct a couple of temps in building
out a lab environment.  This involves racking and cabling equipment to
wiring diagram specifications.  This person must have the technical
competency to help the temps resolve issues when physical layer
verification tests fail.  This person must also coordinate closely with
project managers, course directors, lab developers and others to ensure
that deliverables are understood and produced on schedule.

This position is temp to hire for the first three to four months.
Compensation, I am told, is market competitive.  We are a 100% Linux
shop, but this particular position is obviously oriented toward the
deployment of Cisco hardware. Additional responsibilities beyond Cisco
hardware are available within the same group.

If you, or someone you know is interested, DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LIST.
Email me directly at ryan.leathers AT globalknowledge.com and I will
make sure you TriLuggers get an interview.

Ryan