[TriLUG] Install - ThinkPad T20

kevin at flanagannc.net kevin at flanagannc.net
Mon Jul 18 14:11:26 EDT 2005

I have a T21, very similar system.  If you have ram, say 256 or more, then
you can use just about any linux distro.  I have installed the following.

Suse 9.3
Knoppix install to hard disk
Red Hat Enterprise 3
Fedora Core 3

Based on that, I'd say that any of the newer versions of those distros
will be fine.

The power must be on for the eject button to work, but you can power up,
hit the button on the drive several times till it pops out, then put in
the CD and close the drive.  If it tried to boot while there was no CD in
the drive, it'll just fail, you can 3 finger salute it, and it'll boot.

Good luck,

   Kevin