[TriLUG] More in the saga of me vs. the Rage XL

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:12:41 EDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Brian Henning <brian at strutmasters.com> wrote:
> ...and then, the really juicy bits:
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
> dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so: undefined
> symbol: __glXLastContext
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
> (II) UnloadModule: "GLcore"
> (EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (loader failed, 7)
>

> It's this undefined symbol, __glXLastContext.  The only references I can
> find to that phrase end up being other dumps of people's X log.  The
> only discussions thereof aren't in English.  I've tried installing the
> lastest MesaLibs..  No help.

Have you verified that /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
is actually there?  I haven't dealt with DRI stuff for a while, so more
knowledgeable people than I can certainly correct me, but I believe
you'll also need the dri (direct rendering infrastructure) module
loaded too since that's what handles direct communication to the
graphics card.  You may also need a kernel module loaded before
it will work correctly.

Good luck,
Tanner Lovelace

--