[TriLUG] SUSE dvd install

unctux unctux at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 11:41:35 EDT 2005

I have been a user of mandrake for about 5 years now, but at work we just
wanted to see how SUSE looked and installed. We got a flawless install with
the cd version, but on the dvd version at the installation setting screen
we are getting this error under the software line:
SUSE 9.2 " Cannot read package data from installation media. Media error?
SUSE 9.3 " No source found at 'dvd:///;devices=/dev/sr0.'
we tried the two different versions just to check if it wasn't something to
do with either download and we are having issues with dvd's only. we ran
md5sum on both and got back good results. we also tried to pass this option
to the kernel at the boot prompt: cdromdevice=/dev/hda
and /dev/hdc.
We are trying this on systems with SATA hard drives and we have not tested
with drives on the old ide controllers, so we are going to try that as well
just to see if that could be it.

Sorry fot the long disertation , but I thought I would give as much info as
possible

Thanks in advance for any help.

MICHAEL MASSEY
BIOS TEST DEPT