[TriLUG] conference call solution

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 29 16:52:01 EDT 2005

An 8 person conference call using uncompressed voice stream (G7.11)
would take about 500 kb upload bandwidth

If you used G7.29 (at a one time cost of ~$10/person) then the bandwidth
would be about 80kb and sound *much* better.

Of course no one from the PSTN could join in unless they went through a
SIP gateway to your site... but who wants those losers to listen in to
your conference anyway?

enjoy!

Jon Carnes
CTO FeatureTel