[TriLUG] iwlist scanning

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Jul 31 15:22:33 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Pat Regan wrote:

> You can get the latest tarball from:
>
> http://ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/

> I believe I am running the 0.15rc2 on my laptop and scanning works just
> fine.

are you running 2.4? This file is about a year old and doesn't compile
under 2.6.12 (structures are different). This file that comes with 2.6.12
sis from Jun 2005 bu is from pcmcia-3.1.22, while the current is
pcmcia-3.2.8.

It's not clear how to build modules outside the kernel in 2.6.

Do you have any clue what to do here?

Marcel Gagne (sp?) in Linux J this month mentions that orinico won't scan
in Linux but will in Windows as the info to do so is not freely available.

Joe