[TriLUG] OT: referal and introduction fees

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Aug 4 16:57:48 EDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Jeffrey A. Groves wrote:

> I consider the whole "introduction fee" deal to be a revolting practice that
> is tantamount to usury.

well yes.

All I know is that when I approached the (non-technical) customer
with my unsolicited proposal for their setup, I didn't even get the
courtesy of a return phone call accepting or declining my offer.
When my (non-technical) introducer offered to have a go (without me
there), he glad-handed them, slapped them on the back and did a whole lot
of zero content bluster. The non-technical customer representative
said "why sure".

It appears that technical people have a hard time selling a technical
product to a non-technical person. In my work I've found this to
be the norm. The people with money don't want to talk to their
own technical people. They'd rather talk to sales people e.g.

http://www.austintek.com/book_reviews/the_ibm_way.html

Joe